this site you find the newest updates round PureBasic.
also notice the categories downloads
of a new PureBasic full version, which can be get in the personal
Linux, MacOS X
aren't provided special update archives of PureBasic anymore. Please
download and install the requested full version in a new directory.
To avoid problems you shouldn't install over an existing version,
especially not over an older PB v3.x version!)
This directory isn't online anymore - updates are always released
as new full versions now!
libraries offered on this site
each include newest updates after
the release of a regular update. These can be downloaded with right-click
> "Save as" and must be copied into the directory "PureBasic\PureLibraries\".
your internet browser automatically adds the extension ".txt"
to the saved files, then you must delete it manually. In any case
there should only be one copy of a library in the above mentioned
libraries offered on this site are also released after
the release of a regular update. But they are beta versions,
which are thought for testing. So use them with care!
other notes are the same like "updates".
of the lastest new version v5.40:
16th October 2015 : Version 5.40
- Added: new Vector 2D library
- Added: new CGI library with standard and FastCGI support
- Added: Literal string escape support with the '~'
operator (ex: a$ = ~"Hello\nWorld\n")
EscapeString()/UnescapeString() function to allow escaping operation on any
strings (variables etc.)
- Added: EnumerationBinary
to create bitmask enumeration automatically
- Added: database parameter binding to ease request
- Added: SetDatabaseBlob(),
SetDatabaseFloat(), SetDatabaseDouble(), SetDatabaseLong()
- Added: SetDatabaseQuad(), SetDatabaseString(),
- Added: SHA2 and SHA3
(224/256/384/512-bit) support to Cipher library
- Added: StringFingerprint()
- Added: CRC32 support for StartFingerprint()
- Added: ReceiveHTTPMemory(), IsJoint()
- Added: RefreshDialog() to recalc dimension after a text
change or similar
- Added: "group" XML attribute
for 'option' dialog gadget, to specify explicitly a group
- Added: HTTPS and simple auth support for ReceiveHTTPFile()
- Added: Auto redirect support
for ReceiveHTTPFile() and ReceiveHTTPMemory()
- Added: ASynchronous mode for ReceiveHTTPFile() and
- Added: HTTPProgress(),
AbortHTTP() and FinishHTTP() to control async mode
- Added: HTTPS/TLS support for SendMail()
- Added: FlushPreferenceBuffers()
- Added: CopyDebugOutput() to copy the debug output to the
clipboard from code
- Added: 7z archive creation
- Added: tar (gz and bzip2) archive support for
creation and decompression
- Added: Full path in
IDE recent files menu
#PB_ProgressBar_Unknown for SetGadgetState() to indicate unknown progress
Added: #PB_UTF8/Ascii/Unicode support to
ReadCharacter() and WriteCharacter()
#PB_UTF8 support to URLEncoder() and URLDecoder (now the default mode)
Added: Windows 8.1/10 and OS X 10.9/10/11 support to
- Added: #PB_Editor_xxx constants when
using the 'Version' info on Windows
#PB_Program_Ascii/Unicode/UTF8 support to RunProgram()
- Added: linux/osx style flags for the commandline compiler on
Windows to ease cross-platform scripts
#PB_File_SharedWrite support to ReadFile() and CreateFile()
- Added: 'IMPORTLIST' compiler interface to get all the
predefined API functions
- Added: #Null$ special
string constant to affect a real null value to a string (to free it completely).
It can be used as well for API function which sometimes accept NULL instead of a
- Added: #Empty$ constant
Added: #PB_ByteLength support to MemoryStringLength()
- Added: #PB_Ascii, #PB_UTF8 and #PB_Unicode
support to Create/Open/ReadFile() to set the default write/read mode
- Added: #PB_ByteLength flag for PeekS() and #PB_UTF8 (only)
- Added: CreateCone(), CameraCustomParameter(),
#PB_Entity_DisableContactResponse and #PB_Entity_EnableContactResponse for
- Added: #PB_Entity_ConeBody,
- Added: FreeEntityBody(),
- Added: ApplyEntityTorque(),
- Added: Added
'CollisionGroup' and 'CollisionMask' parameter for RayCollide()
- Added: Migration help page, to have a step by step migration
guide between old on new PureBasic.
- Added: User
guide in german (thanks to Andre and Vera)
- Updated: the Linux printer lib to use native GtkPrint instead
- Updated: the Windows compiler to
VC++ 2013 for better code generation
SQLite to 126.96.36.199
- Fixed: Zip archive support
- Fixed: send mail and http request issues
Fixed: 'CONSTANTLIST' compiler interface, now string
constants are returned as escaped strings.
- Changed: The default GTK version is now GTK3 on Linux. A
gtk2 subsystem has been added for backward compatibility.
- Changed: The default string format for RunProgram()
read/writestring is not UTF8 instead of Unicode
- Changed: the Cipher lib to be modular (now
UseMD5Fingerprint() and such commands needs to be used)
- Changed: ExamineFingerprint() to StartFingerprint()
Changed: NextFingerprint() to AddFingerprintBuffer()
- Changed: EntityPhysicBody() to
- Changed: TerrainPhysicBody()
- Changed: the SendMail()
'Asynchronous' parameter has been replaced by the #PB_Mail_Asynchronous flag.
- Changed: DLLImporter has been removed and .pbl
files are no more supported. New 'import library' files can be created using the
'/IMPORT' switch of the pbcompiler.
- Removed: #PB_Packer_CompressedSize
support for ZIP and 7z archives with PackerEntrySize()
- Removed: AvailableScreenMemory()
find the contents of the individual PureBasic updates in the recent
past in the history.